• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Bailiffs Clamped my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Bailiffs Clamped my car

Hi all,

Just looking for some general advice really as I don’t have too much experience with this scenario.

I arrived home tonight to find my car had been clamped. Apparently I have an unpaid fine that was sent to my previous address but I obviously didn’t receive the notifications because I don’t live at that address any longer.

I am certain it’s my fault as I didn’t change the address on the log book- changed my licence etc but just didn’t realise I needed to change the log book also. However as you can imagine suddenly being asked to pay £513 out of the blue was quite a shock.

I have paid Marstons £513 to avoid any extra costs.

I’m still to thoroughly look at what this penalty was for but it sounds like a traffic violation in the London borough of Lambeth.

Is there anyone here who has any experience with this? Can I try and recuperate some of the money? What if the violation was wrong in the first place?

Any tips or guidance would be extremely welcomed. Thanks for reading.

Tags: None

I guess you are now fighting on the back foot (as you have paid) but contact Marstons and try to gain information from them. But have a look on YouTube to see how they operate.

Comment

If you have the PCN number then you can go to Lambeths website to see what it is all about. If you feel you should not have been issued the ticket then you could try an Out of Time to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Bear in mind that all notifications will have been sent to the address the DVLA held at the time of the offence - as they all went unanswered this how Bailiffs have been involved and the fee demanded has escalated so much. Under your own admission you did not notify DVLA of a change of address for the vehicle - this is an offence in its own right - you may find any application refused.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X