• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issues with Unapproachable neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Unapproachable neighbour

We are having some issues with my neighbour who is very unapproachable and wanted to know if anyone could give me any guidance.
    We have lived in the property almost 20 years and I had heard rumours that she was a nasty piece of work but as they were rumours we ignored them. We decided to extend our family and that’s when the issues started. Complaints were made to us about our child walking round the house (we are talking about a child 18 months old) and it was affecting them visitors to their house was complaining about the child walking round. I had another child, which my neighbour advised me was the worst possible news ever, so I felt that we needed to sort the situation so I offered to go round and my child did what she normally did in the home so I could see how bad it was and I heard some noise but not to any extent that I would be upset about and in all fairness you cannot help noise in semi detached houses.
    As time has gone on life evolves and sometimes she’s ok sometimes prickly. We bought a caravan and discussed it first with them to which they had no problems said it was a lovely idea etc so we upgraded and bought a brand new one. That’s when I feel the problems started. They started to get more prickly and only speaking if they had to and then grew the privet so that it blocked my view out of my window. I don’t have an issue with that but when it’s trimmed all the privet trimmings come over my side and I have to clean it up which I feel that as the owner has specifically chosen to have the privet like that they should be responsible for clearing it.
    We also have had a pet cat which as caused another issue as they hate cats despite their neighbour next to them having two cats. They’ve put all cat deterrent spikes along the fence which is fine too. She has abused me by saying I look as ugly as my cat as I walked past which I feel is unacceptable. We went round to try and resolve the issue and I asked what the problem was and was told that 10 years ago I looked out of my window when Amazon delivered a parcel and that was unacceptable.
    We had a terrible storm a month ago and our umbrella blew over, she knocked us up at 11.30pm to tell us and said she didn’t want an argument but felt we needed to know. The final straw was yesterday she’s cut some holly from her garden and all of the cuttings are on my side and has gone into my daughters foot.
    We have had enough and don’t know legally what we can do if we can do anything. Numerous attempts have been tried to resolve but she just says we are unreasonable and disrespectful. They could have told us they were cutting the hedge, a note through the door would have been sufficient. I’m also aware your only hearing my side too but we have tried to make amends with no luck. Her other neighbour seems to be able to do not wrong but it’s a very forthright family and say it how it is and are very fiery and she seems to say nothing to them.
    Can anyone advise.
    Tags: None

I had exactly the same problem, new people moved in next door, then it started, they complained about everything, we had a meeting with the Council officer, who had had so many complains he said "I cannot tell you who the people are but they are very close to you" aka next door, I had just arrived home for South America and landed one of the first arrivals into Heathrow, home indoors exhausted, the madam next door was shouting over the back fence at my wife, "we will get you out of that house, your not even married, I had enough, got up and looked over the fence, boy was that a sight to see, I then laid down the law as we had stood punishment this long enough, when I say laid the law down I told them both what I thought, they moved out aprox 4 weeks later, there is no point trying to be nice to some people, it just makes it worse, stand up for yourself and don't take let her get away with it as she has found that as a bully she will then carry on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X