• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim :

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim :

Hello . Great to have found this site . I hope that you can help me .

I have received a County Court Claim issued on the 28th August .
    I have been away and so only just opened the letter .
    I haven’t yet acknowledged the claim but can do today on your advice .

The amount including costs is for £1192
    The Claimant is Lowell
    The solicitor is Lowell
    The original Creditor was JD Williams
    The original debt was for a bookcase costing around £60 in February 2004 .
    I failed to make payments on time and the amount escalated quickly with crazy interest and I fell more behind do to illness .
    The agreement was passed to Lowell in December 2012.

As I have moved since that time , I don’t have the original documents !
    At the time I had several debts and with most offered a gradual payment option .
    i had had no contact with Lowell in regards to this debt although in fact have a couple more debts I am paying off with them with payment plans .

I think at the time this debt escalated to such a ridiculous amount so quickly that it was no dealt with as it should have been .

Obviously I would be happy to pay the original payment but do not feel it fair to be forced to pay over £1000 for an item of under £100 although I appreciate I should have dealt with this properly in the first place .

I have read the court form quickly and will of course complete acknowledgement, and I think would want to admit only part of the claim ?

I have also received a letter from Lowell solicitor . It says I can register with them and respond to the court via their site ?
    I would be prepared to offer a set payment , but not for the amount they are requesting .

At present I am caring for my dying mum and have given up work to do so . For that reason I don’t want a lot of stress with this ,and want to deal with as quickly and simply as possible but can’t pay the impossible !

Any advise greatly appreciated .

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X