• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP and VT advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP and VT advice

I've read through the advice document which is extremely helpful, however I have a few questions that I can't find answers by searching the forum. I hope that someone would be able to help.

Have had PCP finance with Toyota for 2 years (out of total of 3 years) and I am now over 50% of the total price payable. I am certain about that as I have double checked the finance portal. So all good in this regard. I am leaving the country in about 3 weeks so I do not need or want the car as I need a left hand drive car where I am going. I really need for the VT to go as smooth as possible, but obviously I do not want to invest into the car any more unless it's absolutelly necessary. I have never missed a payment with my finance. The car has still 1 month of warranty left.

1. MOT was supossed to be due on the vehicle on the 22.05.2020, however with the government's extension it's only due on 22.11.2020, so it's still valid. Do I need to do anything about it or am I good here?

2. The service was done last year on the 23.05.2019 at 32,196 miles. Now I am at 41,000 miles. According to the paperwork that I have, the service was supposed to be due either in 1 year or 10,000 miles, but you know, COVID has been a big issue. Should I get it serviced or can I avoid doing that?

3. During the last service it was reported, that brakepads were 80% worn and need replacing and tires are close to the limit. Can I avoid replacing those?

4. The dealer forgot to put the stamp in the book when doing the last service. Should I go and get it from them?

5. A year ago third party damaged the car's front bumper when it was stationary and accepted all liability. Their insurrance company fixed the car with manufacturer aprooved garage and it looked as good as new. I have all receipts and they provided lifetime warranty. Am I legaly obliged to report this when I return the car?

6. The car is in very good shape as I have been looking after it. There are a few minor marks, but nothing out of Toyota's damage measuring tool's limits. I took out the Toyota's smart cover that fixes all these little bumps. Should I call them to have it fixed or just don't bother as it's within acceptable wear ant tear range?

7. One of the rear lights has some sort of seal broken and fills up with water when it rains. I presume it's manufacturer's issue which should be covered by warrranty. Should I get it fixed?

I really want to get rid of the car as quickly as possible with absolute minimum investment in it, fingers crossed. Any help would me much appreciated!
    Tags: None

Hi, answers in the same order as asked.

1. If it's in date, then it's valid. Suggest you get on the Gov website and put in your vehicle details then print off the MOT History Check results as evidence (https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/).

2. That's a decision for you to make, and whether you want to take the risk. Fact is right now, garages are open albeit very busy due to lockdown so it's up to you. Nothing wrong with putting forward the lockdown argument and see what they say, but I suspect they will take the mileage reading from the point of collection unless you give it to them earlier. Will they check the manufacturers book to see when a service would need to be done? I don't know as each lender is different.

3. If it's roadworthy at the time of collection, you should be fine.

4. If you have the paperwork to say it has been done then you should be fine but I know some lenders will still argue otherwise that no stamp means no service. For peace of mind, you might want to get it stamped.

5. No, but it might be flagged up if they suspect it's not been done to a excellent finish. Your only obligation is to have it repaired and if it is a reputable company, then you should be off the hook but expect them to try it on.

6. If it is within the threshold then you should be fine but again, peace of mind scenario you may want to make use of your cover. Just make sure it's done before collection otherwise they might try to charge you for an abandoned collection.

7. Your choice, it's something that you would need to prove as a manufacturer issue. Presumably if it doesn't rain on collection, it won't show up right?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for the answers and suggestions.

3. If the tyres are below limit, should I get them replaced before I return the vehicle?

7. Unfortunatelly there is residue at the bottom of the lights. I've seen this issue on a number of same model cars. So yes, it's visible all the time.

And extra one.

8. Purhased from Toyota financial services at a Toyota dealership. It's litteraly within a walking distance to my home. Is it worth going to them directly for the VT and expect that they would be helpful or is the best cource of action an email as suggested in the document to trigger the VT?

Comment

3. Again, your choice. The tyres are likely to be checked and if they are below road legal limit they might refuse to collect and then charge you for wasted time.

7. Then the onus is on you to prove it.

8. Toyota Financial Services is likely going to be a completely separate company to the dealership which may be owned by another company under the Toyota brand, or it may be a franchise. If you want to deviate from what the guide says, that's completely down to you, but be aware, depending on how you go about it, the VT may not be legally valid.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X