• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car serious failure within 3 weeks of delivery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car serious failure within 3 weeks of delivery

Hi all, advice on how best to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a car that was delivered in mid August from an independent trading garage. The ad said that it drove superb with no expense spared on maintenance. When it was delivered I took a video showing it having two faults registered on the dash computer. One saying engine service required, and one for the park assist.

I drove the car and it seemed mostly okay except I noticed it would not rev the whole way and would occasionally go into 'limp mode'. I drove the car for around 500 miles and booked it into a local dealer for service and diagnosis of the listed faults. Due to Covid they could not fit me in until the 23rd. I rang the dealer about the fault and told him I thought it might be a boost leak from one of the pipes leading to the turbo causing the lack of performance. I also told him about the parking sensor and said if he was willing to stump the cost for the parking sensor, I would sort out the boost leak. He has sent me a cheque for the parking sensor cost.

Since then, the car performed worse and worse until today on a relatively short trip it dumped a load of smoke and died on the road. Obviously I am livid having paid £5k for a car that is clearly faulty. The mechanic who picked it up thinks it is not a boost leak but an entire turbo failure. His advice was to return it. I'm going to call the dealer here, but what is my best course of action for ensuring I get my money back here? Specifically:

Do I go the Consumer Rights Act route saying as I have a video showing it was faulty on delivery?

Do I go the Section 75 route given I paid by CC?

What is the correct order in which to proceed? The right to reject will expire in mid-September.

Please help.

Tags: None

See the answers on the 3rd thread you created

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X