• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiff visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiff visit

my son has failed to pay parking fines , bailiffs turned up and said they had right of entry to collect goods to pay his fine, i told them that it was my property and everything in it was mine ,my son just stops over at odd times as he works for himself and usually stops in hotels , they said that they had the right acording to the law and a court order to enter the property and remove what ever they want ,they will store it for 7 days and it is up to me to prove i own the goods , this surly cannot be true.
    Tags: None

see below

Comment

What type pf parking charge is it - Council or private?

Who are the Bailiffs?

Have you let them in?

When did they call?

Comment

don't know if it was either all it says on the final notice is Warwickshire, they were apparently a town centre car parks, the bailiffs are marston holdings , no they didn't get past the door but in fairness they accepted it was my property and didn't try, but said they could if they wanted to , they called today at about midday .

Comment

How much were they looking for?

Comment

£393 by Friday and £ 158 by next month

Comment

OK it sounds like a Council ticket, need to know when it was issued & where + need to know why it has gone unpaid and/or if it has been appealed against.

Comment

unfortunately I don't know the answers to those questions untill my son appears from his travels and even then cant guarantee to get the full details, i cant see how I can be held responsible for his debt just because his car is registered here.

Comment

Is your son on the electoral roll at your address?

Comment

It is true that the Registered Keeper is the person responsible for paying the debt. In many cases pressure may be brought on family members to pay a debt - you are under no compulsion to do so unless you do it voluntarily. It is the same with your home, the Bailiff has no automatic right of entry and may only come in using peaceful means - usually being invited in, do not do this. If there are items outside then the Bailiff could assume they are the goods of the debtor and it would then be up to you to prove otherwise.

There is also nothing that says you have to provide the whereabouts or the address of the debtor - that is the Bailiffs problem. He may argue that he needs to come in to satisfy himself he is absent - just tell him to jog on. If answering the door to the Bailiff then best bet is to talk to hime through the letterbox or an adjacent window - he is not allowed to enter through the window. If you go outside then ensure you lock the door after you and whatever happens prevent him from trying to put a foot in the door. Good idea if you can is to record your conversation with him or better still video him.

The Warrant he has normally has a life of on 12 months but because of the present pandemic that may have been extended.

Comment

Hi Both ,he is at the moment but as it needs updating he will be removed ,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X