• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car fixed by garage un drivable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car fixed by garage un drivable

My taxi was booked in for an egr valve change. The garage got half way through and told us to take it away to have the egr valve coded to the ECU. Told the garage to finish the job as they took it on.
    owner of said garage said was not an egr issue was wiring. Gave us the option to put old part back on or leave new and we get an auto mechanic. He said he had taken car to a friend at another garage and they couldn't fix it.
    I said leave new part on I would find an auto mechanic.
    Two hours later I recieve a message saying the new egr valve had dry socket and that they had soldered it back together and the car was now working. The egr valve was a £400 genuine part, brand new. We were not asked it we wanted this fixed. The warranty now being void.
    we took the car back and put it up on my partners boss ramp after collecting. There is oil coming from a metal pipe that attaches to the turbo. (That was removed to fit valve)
    trying now to find a garage to repair the car as I do not want them near my car again. I also think they had a chance to right their error when they decided to fix the egr valve as car wasnt running.
    what are my rights?
    Tags: None

Consumer Rights Act 2015 is your starting point.

This is quite a useful guide from Citizens Advice also.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-a-car-repair/

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X