• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sharing parental rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharing parental rights

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place to post.
    I'm looking into sharing parental rights with my partner. currently as it stands through court my child's biological dad is to have no contact and this is being reviewed in January but has only seen my child 4 times maybe in 2 years. Any way with school and such and us both working shifts I was hoping I'd be able to share our PR so he is able to take her to the doctors and such and sign forms when he collects her from school, is this possible?
    Tags: None

As your partner and not the child’s father, he does not have parental rights. He would need to adopt the child to obtain these rights. The father of the child, named on the birth certificate, may object to this. If he were the child’s step father ie; married to you, he could apply to the court for parental responsibility. More than 2 people can have parental responsibility for the same child. Any court decision will be in favour of what is best for the child.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X