• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ filed via an address I have never lived at

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in that case this probably their last attempt to get you to cave in - seen this many times by them, they are restricted in time to discontinue in order to get their fees back,

Comment

Originally posted by Micky10 View Post
      Hi all,

The hearing is tomorrow, and it looks as if I have a gun to my head to sign a claimant consent document I received via email just now, to sign before 12:00 today. Saying “for all parties to save time and cost”. Please see the terms and advice. Thank you in advance.

1, The hearing listed to be heard on 29 September 2020 be vacated
      2, The Judgement obtained on 10 April 2020 be set-aside and registration removed
      3, The Defendant, do file and serve a fully particularised Defence within 28 days of the date of the Order
      4, The Claimant, (if so advised), do provide a response to the Defence and
      5, There be no Order as to cost
      If you need documents then seek an amendment to their order. Add a paragraph to say they must provided you with whatever you need within 14 days and then you have 28 days thereafter to lodge a defence.

I dont see any issues with that, it makes sense to agree terms where you can
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

If you need documents then seek an amendment to their order. Add a paragraph to say they must provided you with whatever you need within 14 days and then you have 28 days thereafter to lodge a defence.

I have until 12:00 today (1 hour) to agree to their terms, can I ignore their email and also not sign the Consent Order terms and let the Judge make a decision tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Micky10 View Post

I have until 12:00 today (1 hour) to agree to their terms, can I ignore their email and also not sign the Consent Order terms and let the Judge make a decision tomorrow. Thank you in advance.
            Nope i wouldnt it s a dangerous thing to do,. id look at discussing with them the option of agreeing terms wit hthem to avoid the hearing
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                in that case this probably their last attempt to get you to cave in - seen this many times by them, they are restricted in time to discontinue in order to get their fees back,
                Thank you

Comment

I have responded by seeking an amendment to the consent order; requesting the Claimant to state they will be sending the CCA (which I previously requested from them 5 weeks ago) to me within 14 days. They are yet to come back. The Hearing is tomorrow

Comment

Many thanks all, much appreciated.

The set aside part of my case has been successful.

Circling back to yesterday…. I requested an amendment to the Claimant’s Consent Order, asking them to include that ‘they will send me the CCA within 14 days’. I heard nothing back so obviously couldn’t sign it. Today during the hearing, they mentioned to the Judge that I had not agree to it. I explained to the Judge why it had not been possible for me to have signed the consent order (i.e. they disregarded my amendment).

Anyone knows how CPR PD16 para 7.3 could impact my case and what I should expect going forward please? Thanking you in advance.

Below is the draft directions by the Judge:

It is ordered that,
                    1. The Judgment dated 10 April 2020 is set aside and the registration entry be and hereby is cancelled.
                    2. The Claimant do file at Court and send to the Defendant fully particularised amended Particulars of Claim to comply with CPR PD16 para 7.3 by X p.m. on XX October 2020.
                    3. The Defendant do file at Court and send to the Claimant a fully particularised Defence by X p.m. on XX November 2020.
                    4. The Claimant may (if so advised) file and serve a Reply to Defence by X p.m. on XX December 2020.
                    5. Upon receipt of any Reply to Defence but in any event on or after XX December 2020 the Court shall issue Directions Questionnaires to both Parties to complete.
                    6. No order as to costs.

Comment

pt2537 Could you please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your support.
                        I got the below email and the attached CONSENT ORDER from the claimant today.

“In an effort to save further time and costs for all parties, the Claimant have agreed to discontinued its Claim against you.
                        Please therefore sign and return the attached so I may lodge the same with the Court and bring matters to a close.”

Could you please advice if by signing the attached will definitely close the case and there will be no claim from the claimant in future? Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Comment

It would yes, but the court cannot order a party to discontinue the claim, rather they would need to file a notice of discontinuance.

The reason why they are asking for a consent order is because if they file a notice of discontinuance then they will be liable to pay you costs. I also presume they haven't bothered to file a detailed particulars of claim as required from the previous order of the court.

If I was in your shoes, I would be telling them that the Consent Order is invalid as a court cannot order a party to discontinue a claim, and they should instead file a notice of discontinuance. You could otherwise sign the consent order but don't be surprised if it gets sent back to the claimant telling them it is not a valid order that the court can make.
                          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

And what happens to your £255 ?

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                              It would yes, but the court cannot order a party to discontinue the claim, rather they would need to file a notice of discontinuance.

The reason why they are asking for a consent order is because if they file a notice of discontinuance then they will be liable to pay you costs. I also presume they haven't bothered to file a detailed particulars of claim as required from the previous order of the court.

If I was in your shoes, I would be telling them that the Consent Order is invalid as a court cannot order a party to discontinue a claim, and they should instead file a notice of discontinuance. You could otherwise sign the consent order but don't be surprised if it gets sent back to the claimant telling them it is not a valid order that the court can make.
                              Thank you very much for your response Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                                And what happens to your £255 ?
                                I have no idea what will happen to my £255. My main concern was the CCJ coming of my credit file, which the judge said the CCJ will come off my credit file in 2 weeks’ time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X