• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missold vehicle / Unroadworthy vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missold vehicle / Unroadworthy vehicle

Hi , I purchased a vw Campervan from a Private Seller who adversities it with no faults.. since driving it home , I have found numerous faults .. SonI took it for a service and the garage found Mechanical dangerous faults ( I’m which I’m horrified because I drove back 200 miles with my daughter in this potential death trap).
    I am awaiting the DVSA to book it in for a mot retest to assess the roadworthy condition of this vehicle .
    question is , have I got a good case for a refund or claim cost of repairs ? I’m assuming if vehicle is found to be unroadworthy, the seller with be liable for a fine ?
    thabk you
    Tags: None

Question is. How old is the MOT ?. The problem is if has passed MOT if quite a long time it's liable to develop faults, afraid to say, if the seller is a private person and then refuses to refund your money, Court may be your only option. In case this is your only option, get a full report from a reputable garage, and if possible photos as they tell the truth in court

Comment

Thank you .
      Yes , been to two garages , and a habitation check . Currently awaiting the Mot retest date .
      mot was carried out on the 23/07/20
      it was sold having a full mot and roadworthy .

Comment

When buying privately you have little protection as the principle "buyer beware" comes into play.

However the vehicle should match the description of the advertisement (which I trust you retain)

Are you sure the seller was a private individual, and not a dealer masquerading as a private seller?
        Did you view the vehicle at a private address which matched the address on the V%?
        Did sellers name match that of registered keeper?
        Look on social media to see if he regularly sells vehicles?

Comment

Thank you yes , it clearly stated no faults
          Attached Files

Comment

That reason for selling looks dodgy to me.
            Check that seller out to make sure he is not a dealer pretending to be a private seller.
            His name or "daughter's" name on V5?
            Check previous owner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X