• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amended pursuant to CPR 40.12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amended pursuant to CPR 40.12

The court sent me a notice proposed allocating the case to Small Claims Track, suggested small claims mediation and headed the letter "amended pursuant to CPR 40.12" saying:

1. This is now a defended claim and Counter Claim. A copy of the defence has already been sent to you by the defendant.
    2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track. If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box Cl on the Small Claims
    Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why.
    3. You must by 3 September 2020 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office.

I'm the defendant and the claimant is my former Lawyer seeking payment of an allegation outstanding fee, and I filed a counterclaim for Professional Negligence and Detrimental discrimination that damaged my interest. I filed my defence with the claimant and the court by email, and I just realised that the court does not accept claims by email. The claimant contacted me few days ago requested to extend the time 56 days to respond to my counter-claim. I'm not sure if the court read my defence and what they mean by "this is now the defended claim"

Any advice what shall I do next please?

Tags: None

Duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X