• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

setting up a new conveyancing practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a new conveyancing practice

Good afternoon,

Does anyone have any experience/advice with regards to starting a brand new conveyancing practice? The plan is to set up a limited company with sole directorship but the biggest concern is lender panels and CQS/SRA accreditation.

Having looked at the panel requirements, all the main mortgage lenders seem to require at least 1 director, 2mln PPI limit, CQS/SRA accreditation and at least 1 purchase completion with any mortgage lender within the past 12 months. HSBC do not require any previous completions so would seem that once you have completed 1 purchase with HSBC mortgage you may apply for other major lender panels.

Any input and guidance is greatly appreciated, or perhaps a link to some helpful pages that have further information on this topic.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

What legal qualified staff will you have carrying out your conveyancing work?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      What legal qualified staff will you have carrying out your conveyancing work?
      Thanks, it will be myself (initially at least), a solicitor with over 3 year PQE

Comment

As a conveyancing solicitor providing a reserved activity you will need to be regulated by the SRA. I would suggest that you look around the SRA's website about the process for getting yourself regulated. These are some useful ones to start with:

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/gu...ent-solicitor/

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/gu...authorisation/

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/fi...authorisation/

You will also need to obtain Professional Indemnity Insurance and details can again be found on the SRA website but I have provided a useful link below that you can work back from

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/st...nsurance-rules

You will need to have set yourself up correctly first before being able to apply for any panel memberships.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X