• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre Claim Forms | Cabot Financial & Mortimer Clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre Claim Forms | Cabot Financial & Mortimer Clarke

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me. I have read through Money Saving Expert online and other sources but I couldn't find solid guidance on what to do.

I ran up a large amount of debt 2 years ago (around £8k from about 10 different creditors) and have ignored all correspondence since. I have not paid anything back.

The reasons for getting into debt in the first place and hiding my head in the sand are related to severe depression. I lost my job due to my condition last August and have no way to pay anything back. I receive Universal Credit and I'm now actively looking to get back into work after finally crawling my way out of this depression.

Anyway, I opened a couple of letters today sent from Cabot Financial. The heading on the letters state: "In the County Court Business Centre", and they are claiming a total of over £1000.

Are these legitimate claims for payment? What will happen if reply telling them I can't pay? Does anyone have any advice?

I am really worried about this sending me back into a downward spiral after working so hard to start feeling somewhat normal again.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

James

yes they are real and you shouldn't ignore

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X