• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN in London - Loading Bay Charge - Please Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN in London - Loading Bay Charge - Please Help!

Hi all,

First off, thank you for taking the time to read this. This is officially my first post on the forum and would appreciate some advice here re PCN. I was in Queensway, London this evening 17/04/2020 and got a PCN for parking in a loading area where it also stated no return within one hour/no waiting midday to 7 am. My partner and I came back to my car 30 mins after I parked up so thought this would be okay considering the time.

I saw loads of other cars parked there but they didn't receive a PCN...I was under the assumption that I could park there if I returned within the hour, the sign was a bit misleading, and I didn't think they would be enforcing this at half 8 in the evening (stupid of me I know). Has anyone managed to overturn this successfully? If so please advise! £65 is very steep at the moment, any advice on how I can appeal this successfully? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I have attached some pictures that may help.

All the best,

Andy
    Tags: None

Identical case (loading bay in Queensway at 8pm) here:
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...&#entry1580741

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
      Identical case (loading bay in Queensway at 8pm) here:
      http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...&#entry1580741
      Thanks Michael for directing me - I struggled to register with the verification code - my driving license issuing authority is DVLA --> EXMB but Pepipoo didn't let me register?

Comment

So you ignored the conditions that applied to the loading bay area. Talk of double yellow lines is irrelevant. I don't think you will get anywhere.
        Last edited by ostell; 18th August 2020, 14:31:PM.

Comment

There were no yellow lines or anything though, they were like parking boxes and everyone parked there? I must of read it quickly and thought the sign said midnight to 7am...why can't they use 24 hour times as opposed to midday?!

Comment

Originally posted by parking101 View Post
            why can't they use 24 hour times as opposed to midday?!
            Many people mix up 12am/12pm/00:00/12:00 so 'midnight' and 'midday' are much less easy to confuse since its glaringly obvious under normal circumstances which is which: DARK = midnight; LIGHT = midday; DARK at midday = SOLAR ECLIPSE (or you're a student stoner with thick curtains).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X