• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probate help!!!!!! My siblings locked me out of Probate Accounting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate help!!!!!! My siblings locked me out of Probate Accounting

I looked after my Dad over a long period so we had an agreement that 'i should not be out of pocket' . However he became very ill and I stopped work and looked after him full time. On his death the siblings who became POAs for my Mother..and completetd Probate cut me off completely and ignored this agreement. They filed Probate and included my expences as a repayable loan . Are there Probate Outlines that allow that? Or suggest it? Surely the POAs and Executor should have at least spoken to me rather than deliberately sidelining me? Particularly since they are supposed to act neutrally and the loan instrument benefits them.
    Tags: None

Hi, sorry to hear about your father. Did he leave a will? When was probate granted? Have you inherited anything from his passing? You have six months from when probate was granted to put a claim in under the inheritance act. So your siblings are ignoring the agreement you with your dad, was it a verbal agreement? You obviously have evidence that you left your job to care for your poorly father. It sounds like to me that they are not following their duties as executors and could end up being liable for their actions, but more info is needed.

Comment

My sincere condolences about the death of your father. I think nothing can be more painful than to lose your close people. But I’m so sorry to know that your siblings are so cruel with you, I always say that our life is like a boomerang. If you do something good then you’ll get good back. It is pity that your relatives don’t think faith can punish them in the future. I would recommend you to address at apmaccountants.ie and I know that you’ll get high qualified help. This is an APM Accountancy company which consists of the professional team. I work in the business sphere and I always address at this company if I have some issues. I think they will help you to resolve your issue. Stay strong and never give up. I hope I could help you with my advice.
      Last edited by MagicAlexa; 30th October 2020, 10:22:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X