• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banned From Marks & Spencer Westfield for shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned From Marks & Spencer Westfield for shoplifting

Hi All,

I was recently stopped when leaving Marks & Spencer in Westfield having had kept some stuff in the buggy and not paying for it. I was led in a room, made to sign a form & banned from all M&S stores for life.
    Westfield Securtiy told me I am also banned from the shopping centre for 12 months.
    I’m a nervous wreck. I know what I did was wrong & I can admit it wasn’t the first time, in fact over the last year I became quite the kleptomaniac. I suffered a severe trauma & have been caring for a terminally ill relative & some how this became my obsession. This is not me excusing what I did, I know I was wrong.
    My query is this; I had to give my details, as I said this wasn’t my first time & the did mention they had seen me on cctv previously.. will anyone come knocking on my door about this? Or will I just get a letter from DWF.
    Also in regards to the Westfield ban, although it is for 12 months, I was going to try and go back after a few months. Does anyone know if Westfield uses facial recognition cameras? If I went back, what would happen?
    Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Very unlikely to be anything other than DWF letters which you can ignore.

If you were to return to Westfield or M&S and were recognised, as long as you weren't breaking the law, all they could do is ask you to leave.
    If you refuse they can use sufficient force to eject you.
    If you were caught stealing you could then be charged with burglary, a more serious offence than simple theft.

May i suggest you consult your doctor about your obsession.
    He will not be judgemental, and should get you help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X