• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting

Hey ,
    just need some help and advice . Me and 2 other people was caught shop lifting in a store. The buzzer went off and we all had sometime in our bags stolen worth no more than £4-£6. My other friend walked off when heard buzzer I stayed and took the rat. Security was called and was told nothing further would happen. They took all my details and pictures address ID and everything and I’m band for 5 years. All though security said nothing will go on my record or nothing will be taken further surely it’s up to the store itself to decided ? I paid for what I took but my friend never came back but they didn’t seem too bothered what should I expect next
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Hey ,
    just need some help and advice . Me and 2 other people was caught shop lifting in a store. The buzzer went off and we all had sometime in our bags stolen worth no more than £4-£6. My other friend walked off when heard buzzer I stayed and took the rat. Security was called and was told nothing further would happen. They took all my details and pictures address ID and everything and I’m band for 5 years. All though security said nothing will go on my record or nothing will be taken further surely it’s up to the store itself to decided ? I paid for what I took but my friend never came back but they didn’t seem too bothered what should I expect next
    Hi there

Well firstly stealing is never something that i would condone, in fact it is the one thing i hate more than banks, but that said im not going to judge you on what you did, you made a mistake, you need to make sure you learn from that mistake and dont do it again.

The fact you are banned is important, if you enter the store again in those 5 years then you will do so as a trespasser, if you commit theft while trespassing then you will be open to prosecution not for theft but burglary.

In terms of what to expect next, i can honestly say that that should be the end of it, you werent arrested so the chances are the shop will be content with the fact that you have been banned. I cannot see anything further happening
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Comment

ive merged these threads and replied above
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

So no criminal record 100%????

Comment

Originally posted by Sam22 View Post
            So no criminal record 100%????
            Not yet but if you continue to steal then maybe.

Comment

So how do you get a criminal record stealing ?

Comment

So how do you get a criminal record stealing ?
                Get caught, get arrested, get cautioned or charged and prosecuted.

Comment

Do you advise trying to call the store and asking if anything further will be taken? Like contacting police / letter home ? Just so I can stop worrying each night

Comment

No need to call the store

For an unsuccessful attempt of theft of £6's of goods the police are not going to be interested even if the store were bothered to report it.

You are concerned about a letter being sent to your home.... are you young and living at home with your parents?

What was the store?

Comment

I’m 21, living at home with parents and it was reebok store

Comment

I’m 21, living at home with parents and it was reebok store
                        I can't find any references to Reebok using civil recovery firms, so it would seem that you are unlikely to receive any letters.

Comment

Even tho one of mates walked off and didn’t get caught but did steal. Will they contact me to give them his details ? He’s scared now too

Comment

No, and in any case you would be under no obligation to give them those details

Comment

Sorry to keep this going on ( ps thank you a lot ) so after I got banned and no police were called you think that’s the end of it for sure ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X