• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lease payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease payment

I am a driving instructor and lease my vehicle. During lockdown, the leasing company took the car off me as if I didn't have it in my possession, I wouldn't have to pay. After lockdown eased and I returned to work, I signed a new contract and had the car back.

During my second week, on Wednesday morning, a mechanical failure occurred which resulted in the car being taken off me as all the local garages were backed up and unable to look at it. A replacement vehicle arrived in the afternoon on the following Monday. In total, there were six full 24 hour periods (days) I did not have access to a car and so could not work.

The lease company are now asking me to pay the lease for the period I did not have a car. I have gone through the contract and T&C's supplied to me and there is no clause covering breakdowns or payment for periods without the supply of a vehicle. All I have is an email stating they need to be told a garage can't look at the car or repairs will take more than 48 hours before they will supply me with a replacement vehicle (all very standard). The email says this information is "as per T&C's", but there is no such information included.

But all this boils down to do I have to pay for the period during which I had no car and therefore no income?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X