• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Protecting my family’s Inheritance - Bloodline Trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting my family’s Inheritance - Bloodline Trust

Had a will done (also Lasting Power of Attorney, health and financial in 2018) and the trustees and executors were my husband (who sadly died last year) me and my two daughters. We paid £1,400 for this. My solicitor phoned today and said that they need to contact land registry and take my husband’s name from their register. Otherwise it would confuse the local authority if they made a claim on the house if I went into a care home. The will was set up that if I went into a care home (with luck I won’t) my husbands half of the house was protected and the local authority could only claim on my half. I asked that if I wanted to sell the house I would have to apply for probate (costing me £2,100). Is this because of my husband’s half is in a trust for my daughters?

if this is so the solicitor failed to tell us the implications that we would face when one of us died? Hope you understand all this.

What is upsetting me is that I would be paying out £3,500 for all of this. My husband would be upset about all of this as he thought it was all done and dusted. I know that I could apply for probate without a lawyer but don’t want to mess things up and I would need the original will that the solicitor is holding for us.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? My solicitor is April King.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X