• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speed awareness course was cancelled due lockdown and now I have court summons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed awareness course was cancelled due lockdown and now I have court summons

My wife had a speeding offence in Jan and was offered the NDORS course. She paid and booked it. Then lockdown came and it was cancelled and fee refunded. She tried to contact them by phone a couple of times but couldn’t get through. Now she has a court summons.
    it turns out that the police withdrew the offer. She eventually found the notification of this in an email in her junk file. She contacted the police and offered to pay the fixed penalty but was told that court was the only option.
    she would prefer to do the course but is willing to take the fixed penalty.
    Tags: None

That is truly bad luck.

When I received a FPN for speeding, I paid up.
    However there was a glitch of some sort on the police computer so they couldn't register it, so they refunded my cheque and returned my licence without points. They said it would have been unfair to take it to court, which IMO applies to your wife as well.

However I feel all she can do is to plead guilty, but enclose a statement explaining what has happened and hope for the best.

You might obtain better advice from the experts at Pepipoo http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X