• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriaty law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moriaty law

Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help?

i have today received a letter from Moriaty Law explaining they have acquired a debt on behalf of JC Aquisition Ltd owing £1100 approx. This was an original debt from 2003 with Monument visa.

i spoke to Moriaty Law today who explained that yes they are acting on their behalf and require payment within 10 days or will take legal action, they advised it’s been passed onto them since JC ltd have been unable to contact myself or had my old address.

i did pay and negotiate a settlement with JC Aquisition and paid £850 for the debt to be settled in Oct 2018. I have seen number of common complaints where this has happened with Moriaty Law.

I will speak to JC ltd on Monday to request any written documentation and importantly under a SARequest a copy of any telephone conversations relating to the matter that would prove 1. They had the correct contact info for me as I have been living in this address for 10 years plus and we negotiated a full and final settlement and the monies was paid under that pretence.

im just worried but I’m unsure legally what my rights are and if Moriaty law take any further action ?

Any help or advice much appreciated, thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X