• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Water issues = help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water issues = help needed please

Hey, new to the forum, delighted to have found you.
    I'm not sure whether you are able to help but I am at my wits end having no support from OFWAT nor our water company.

I live in a row of 4 cottages. We all share the same main supply.
    For years, we just communicated with each other to ensure we didn't run baths at the same time etc. When someone did, there was still water, just very low pressure.

None of us were able to have showers because of the risk of pressure changes.

4 years ago, the house at the end of the row was sold and developed. The new owner put a pump on the main. This means when they run water, the other cottages have nothing, I mean nothing, coming out of our taps. Yesterday my neighbour's partner came home from work filthy after removing an engine from s car. For a full 30 minutes they had no water.
    On numerous occasions since lockdown we've been unable to wash our hands.
    Unfortunately the time I leave for work coincides with this neighbours. Most mornings I could sit on my bath edge for 20 minutes with nothing coming out of the taps, leaving me in tears at 5am.
    In the end I had to have a tank put in with a pump for ht water (outing £2k) but it doesn't help with outside or cold taps downstairs.

Then I come home with an hour before I have to be in bed and try to water my pot garden and often simply cannot.

The water company say their responsibility ends at the road where the pressure is fine as it is in our houses when no one else in using water. They have quoted us each £4k to run new mains to the cottages. OFWAT said the same thing and that pumps are legal.
    But surely this cannot be right?

The sad thing is that the offending neighbour is a thug and has had regular visits from the police. I live alone and he has threatened me several times so there is no communication with him or his partner.

I'd appreciate any help you guys might be able to offer.
    Very best regards.
    HL
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X