• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Could I have advice please on FF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I have advice please on FF

Hi, I have several creditors which are a couple of decades old and in a dmp. They are in my own name. My mother-in-law has recently given my husband some money which he has offered to give me (£3,500) if it will pay these creditors off as a FF settlement. The worry over these is making me ill. I also have a heart problem and several other health issues.
    The debts are credit cards and one bank loan. They amount to £14,700 approx. I have one cc (now taken over by 3rd collector)) which has written to me on two occasions with a strange name though. This last letter is offering me a settlement figure of 40% They have my first name correct but it is addressed to Mrs ??(first name only) and Mr (initial & surname) ???- never heard of initial or surname. Do I send a FF offer to them with my own name or the incorrect names on the letter or send them a different letter altogether giving them my correct name? The account number is correct. Also, do I let the DMP know I am trying to finish these and continue my monthly payments (payment due this month) while trying to settle?
    if you could help please

Advice would be welcome, thankyou
    Tags: None

1st of all see if you do actually owe them - send CCAs request with a pound to each of them? if they offer settlements makes me wonder if they actually are enforceable alledged debts,, details of this one quoted would help CCA Request Recorded delivery

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X