• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination (PCP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination (PCP)

Hi, Im after some advice regarding VT if possible.

I have been given a settlement figure from BMW for voluntary termination and they have also sent a damage charge matrix. Am I right in saying that general wear and tear of the car should be deemed as acceptable to them and therefore not be charged? As you can imagine, the matrix is quite extensive and I envisage them trying to charge me for the slightest of marks. I have taken good care of the car and there is one mark on the bumper which i expect to pay for as it is what i cIass as "damage" by my driving error. I just wanted to know where I stand before following through with this?

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Have a look at the link below, there is a section on damage under the heading 'end of contract charges'. BMW are quite aggressive with charges and it is known for them to mark your credit file if you don't pay/agree. Obviously that's a clear breach of data protection and the only real way to resolve it is legal proceedings, but most people on here whine and complaint and then do nothing to resolve it. Just a heads up before you decide what action to take.

A Guide to Voluntary Termination - Your Rights
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob,

Many thanks for your response. They have suggested that I can proceed with the VT by responding to their email. Im a little nervous about this in case I don't word things correctly - Ive read a few horror stories in the past that people have come unstuck due to how they've proceeded. Is there a guidance template that owners can use for this?

Comment

It's all in the VT Guide.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X