• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Expired EU driving licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired EU driving licence

My partner is from Latvia currently living in the UK. She has an EU driving licence that is expired and due to different rules in Latvia she needs to have a medical examination and sign off from Latvian doctor in order for her to renew her licence. Well this is how it works in Latvia? My question is can she just renew her license over here in the UK using the current D1 form system and pay the fee in order to drive in the UK legally?
    Tags: None

She can renew her Latvian licence but is she has been here for more than 12 months she needs a UK licence to be able to drive legally.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, she has lived here for 10 years and I understand she needs a UK driving licence. Can she transfer her current expired EU/Latvian driving license for a UK driving licence using the D1 DVLA form system and fee without having to take a medical examination? Thanks.

Comment

A valid Latvian licence is currently valid in the UK until the holder is 70 as Latvia is part of the EU.

To exchange the licence use form D1 (available from PO)
        Currently online applications aren't available (something to do with some virus or other)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X