• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abortive transaction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortive transaction

I have tried to buy flat and been process since February.
    But lockdown and cladding issue hold it so long and mean while solicitor sent me email
    that if I keep go further then it will be extra charge as he already alot of time working on it than normal transaction.
    That is first time I heard of that extra charge apply that I thought fix fee basis
    (its states fix fee basis in client care letter:
    Our fee in this matter will be calculated on the following basis. All work undertaken will be charged on a fixed fee basis)

But I found this transaction go anywhere so thinking about withdraw, then I found that Abortive transaction in client care letter :
    In the event that your transaction does not proceed then we shall make a charge for the time which has been spent on the matter.
    An average transaction takes about 6 hours and most of the work involved is undertaken prior to completion. Our minimum charge on any matter is £250.00 plus VAT and any expenses incurred.

1 Can they still charge extra work even though it states that fix fee because this is special case?

2 Can they charge hourly rate for extra work they not even states in the houly rate in letter? I am willing to pay fix fee if I withdraw but they actually charge extra time too. apparently total cost more expensive than complete transaction.

3 Can I complain that point I never informed that extra work apply charge until I asked solicitor how much will be as solicitor to do so accordingly...?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X