• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

David Lloyds gym membership termination Covid 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Lloyds gym membership termination Covid 19

I would be grateful of some advice
    I have been a member at DL gym since 2011. During Lockdown DL froze all membership subscriptions. On 1st June DL opened its gym with outdoor classes only, and only 5 members per class. If members wanted to take up this offer then they would pay 50% of their monthly membership. There was no changing room facilities spa or pools open. As we approached the latest announcement from the government, I think DL was gearing up to open on the 4th July. The announcement went the other way and gyms had to remain closed. 3rd week in June DL emailed its members to offer, in compensation for subscriptions that had been paid and only partially used, part month of March and the 4 days in July (expected to 're open), the offer was free guest passes, food vouchers for the restaurant or donation to the club. In relation to this compensation the T&C's state that subscriptions would be refunded. Going forward and until a further announcement from The Govenment the gym will continue to operate the same as since beginning of June. No changing facilities, showers etc. reduced variety of classes 5 members to a class which makes it pretty much impossible to book a class unless you can go during the day and book 8 days in advance. My question is, is this reasonable. I did not sign up to this and to terminate the membership I have to give 3 months notice but during the 3 months I wouldn't be able to use the gym as they are not providing the service. They state in the T&C that the gym has to give 3 months notice of any changes to facilities but it doesn't state what happens if they don't, are they in breach of contract. I understand that Covid 19 is the root cause of this but this not what I signed up to and I think it's unreasonable to start taking monthly subscriptions when they can't offer the facilities. I look forward to your views. Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X