• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another equity release nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another equity release nightmare

Hi all, my Mum has recently passed away and she was 20 years into her Northern rock interest roll up mortgage. The initial loan was £14k, and had she lived for 4 more years, the plan would have ended leaving her with a bill of £105k. Now, I have read through the term of the contract and its all legal, and was sold in the correct manner, but I have not come across any other life mortgage that had the very real possibility of ending during the borrowers lifetime. Do I have* reasonable grounds for a complaint, or even just a complaint about financial conduct or such a ridicules repayable amount for such a small initial loan? Any advice would be greatly received as the big companies robbing the little man makes my blood boil!
    Tags: None

Long story short. My friend (Who was a Policeman, with connections to a very good Solicitor).His Uncle Equity Release on his property, the uncle had two holidays and a conservatory built, the property when he passed, was valued in the region of £300,000. The loan on the property ?. The result's legal ste_ng.*

Comment

but isnt a lifetime mortgage supposed to last your lifetime, they could have forced a sale at age 90, surely that cant be right??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X