• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bad experience with talktalk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad experience with talktalk

Hi all, this is my first post and relates to an ongoing battle I am having with Talktalk (TT) and Lowells. What follows is my complaint letter to TT which give the general gist of the case:Head of complaints,

CEO's Office,

Talktalk(CEO),

Po box 672,

Salford M5 0NG

Sept 9th 2019.

Dear sir/Madam,

I am writing to you in this instance to appeal to your sense of fair play after a less than perfect period of time whilst I was a customer of yours.

I was one of the original people who picked up an AOL internet disc in Currys back in the late 90's

as a lot of people did. Then Talktalk took over and all was well, until I received an email offering free supersafe boost in early July 2017 which I assumed to be free as there was no obvious mention of any charge or new contract on my email.

In early August 2017 I was approached by Sky offering an upgrade to Sky Q. I accepted this and I also chose to change my broadband and land line to Sky at the same time. I was a little surprised to find that when Sky applied to Talktalk to transfer my broadband and land line package to Sky, it couldn't be done because I was already in a contract with Talktalk which came as a complete surprise to me. I phoned Talktalk to query this and I was told that I had indeed signed a new contract with them. After I had checked my emails I still couldn't see where I had agreed to a new contract, however, I phoned Talktalk back on the 8th of August and agreed to stay with them until my contract ran out and all was well. At this point I phoned Sky and cancelled their broadband and land line package.(confirmation email enc.)

All was well until until on or around the 24th of August when my broadband and landline was cut off by you for no reason that was apparent to me. I phoned Talktalk and was spoken to by your customer service team in a very offhand and impolite manner. I was cut off on one call after being on the line for over an hour.(no one called back of course) I was told that I could not have my landline number back (which I'd had since 1984) because it was not available, but after phoning BT they told me that the number was in possession of another broadband company, and as I'd never changed my provider, that must have been you. The calls to your customer service were absolutely terrible. They were rude, unhelpful and unprofessional. In my frustration and annoyance at the way I was being treated I gave up and went to Sky and I have had no problems since. I would like to know why you released my broadband and land line package contrary to my specific wishes, as I had already phoned you to confirm that I would be staying with you.

you now allege that you received an unsolicited approach from another BB supplier, but you won't name them. Why?

I believe I have paid you for any usage ,other than the new contact, which I consider to have been mis-sold because of your underhand tactics. You are demanding approx £300 which I don't consider fair in the light of the inconvenience and stress you have caused me by having no internet or land line for a week (which my business relied on) and for not allowing me to have my original land line phone number.

My credit score on Experian was 999 which is the maximum you can have. This alone shows that I take my finances seriously and I had had this for as long as I can remember. Now after the unjust default you have given me it has dropped considerably. I have always paid my way and now because of YOUR incompetence my credit reputation is damaged.

I would like you to contact Experian and ask them to remove the default please at your earliest convenience

Yours faithfully,

*Since this letter, I wrote to Sky to see if it was them who approached TT but they have told me in writing that they didn't. Then TT and I had several telephone discussions to try and reach a compromise which was unsuccessful and we reached a deadlock situation which meant going to Cisas . By this time I am in regular contact with Lowells and I told them that I was writing to Cisas to try and get this resolved by them. I wrote to Cisas and soon after, they rejected my case because Lowells commenced County court proceedings against me, and once Cisas found this out they rejected my case as it is against their T&C's and no appeal of course, so Lowells, in my opinion , deliberately stymied my independent case review with Cisas. I counterclaimed against TT for the same amount they were seeking from me (£300). I was happy to go to court because I am completely innocent, in my opinion. Some weeks later Lowells wrote to me and they want to drop the whole case. They want me to sign a consent order in which they will stop reporting the default to the various credit reference agencies and cancel their demands if I do the same. Part of me thinks I ought to take this but I am still out of pocket by £105. Part of me thinks to go with this but part of me thinks I am out of pocket by £105 (court fees and having to join Experian. Does anyone think I have a case for compensation against TT for three years of stress, time and inconvenience? I hope this saga is clear but please ask for clarification if it isn't. Thanks in anticipation.

*PS. TT took a direct debit payment out of my account only seven days before cutting me off, thus, cancelling their own alleged agreement.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X