• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Racism Wales v England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism Wales v England

Can you be labelled a racist if an English persons doesn't like a Welsh person and vice versa. I have been informed that there is case law that states that you cant, can someone please confirm either way?*
    Tags: None

The Equality Act 2010 defines race in terms of ethnic or national origins.

The 1980 caseMandla and Another v Dowell Lee and Another[1983] 2 AC 548, HL established that the essentialcharacteristics of an ethnic group are (1) a long shared history and (2) a cultural tradition – both of which the Welsh people have in abundance

InBBC Scotland v Souster[2001] IRLR 150 it was established thatthe Scots and the English are separate racial groups, defined by reference to their national origins
    The Welsh (Celts) similarly have origins diverse to the English (Anglo saxons) and are a separate racial group

So yes refer disparagingly to the Sais or to Boyos and you could be labelled racist (but not just for disliking the other)

Comment

Personally, I can't understand what's going on in a racist's mind and what stupid thinking they may have there.
      Why people do not understand that we are all the same, regardless of race and skin color.
      We are all human and that's all that matters. I get annoyed and I have no eyes to see such people judging by skin color.
      That's why I always buy the major, phone covers, and other things with the inscription Black Lives Matters trying to show other people that what they do is wrong.
      Last edited by FergusonJes; 4th September 2020, 18:06:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X