• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims Ltd - Acting without authorisation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims Ltd - Acting without authorisation

Good morning, I’m very pleased to have found this forum and have already found that we are not alone in our situation with Allay Claims. My husband clicked a link on Facebook advertising free PPI check...check if your eligible type advert. He received a letter soon after with a consent form to sign and return to instruct Allay to pursue any claims. He had since learnt that he could apply for this without the help of a third party so binned the forms and thought no more of it. He hasn’t personally activated any claims to any financial provider. He was being inundated several times per day with text messages and emails which became a nuisance and he marked them as spam and ignored the texts, believing that he hasn’t entered into any business with them. Last week he received a payment from Barclaycard advising him that his PPI claim (that he knew nothing about) had been rejected, they did consider the commission rates were too high and enclosed a cheque to reimburse him some of the charges. The following day he received an invoice from Allay Claims and in just a few days has had many many texts and emails prompting for payment of their invoice. We have contacted Barclaycard who advised they have my husband’s authority to work with Allay claims on his behalf but he knows for certain he hasn’t signed anything? We have spoken to Allay and they say ‘he must have clicked a link on Facebook’ they told us that is all they need to be authorised? I am astounded that Barclays would accept this without reference to us and give access to so much personal information? Allay told us they are also pursuing 4 other accounts with Barclays....two being mortgage accounts which were in joint names.
    We are very worried about what other charges or invoices may be coming our way from Allay but unfortunately they are not being helpful with answering this question. The payment received from Barclays is £2822.55 and the invoice so far received from Allay is for £751.07. We haven’t yet cashed the cheque, should we just pay the invoice, will that be the end of it. Reluctant to pay a company that we feel have acted in such a questionable manner.....thank you for reading if you got this far*
    Tags: None

Welcome to LegalBeagles and thanks for telling us about this dreadful experience with Allay.
    EXC is our resident expert on CMC misbehaviour but from following other threads I know he will almost certainly advise initiating a formal complaint against Allay using their own process initially. They will 'reject' your complaint typically but by giving a final response, opens up access to issuing a FOS complaint - which is way more effective.*
    Do not pay them anything.*
    Also can you access any of those old spam emails to track down the chain of miscommunication.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately my husband has his email settings to automatically delete after so many days, I only have access to emails back to 13/09/19....although they have only been read over this weekend, they do say that PPI claims have been submitted....loads of separate claims including to banks that my husband has never dealt with....

Comment

OK I suspected as much. Can you send a Subject Access Request to Allay for copies of all documents next please. Here is a template
        https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
          OK I suspected as much. Can you send a Subject Access Request to Allay for copies of all documents next please. Here is a template
          Thank you, I’ll send one to them.

Comment

We haven’t yet submitted our SAR due to a broken printer which is now fixed so will be able to do that. In the meantime after a call to Allay we asked how permission was gained and told an electronic signature, we requested a photocopy of the form which has arrived....complete with a forged signature.....the date has been written in the neatest of writing in a way my husband would not use and the signature is a scribble minus his middle initial.....my husband always uses his middle initial. We will send a SAR to Barclaycard......in the meantime Allay are pursuing us daily fur payment and will soon add considerable charges to their invoice which is a worry.....should we be telling them why at this point we are not paying? Thank you

Comment

Yes it is time to initiate the complaints process. Have you found any other Allay claims on here to read? I can find some for you if you want.
              Usually EXC advises but he's been a little poorly recently. pt2537 - Looks like Allay are up to no good again.

Comment

Yes it is time to initiate the complaints process. Have you found any other Allay claims on here to read? I can find some for you if you want.
                Usually EXC advises but he's been a little poorly recently. pt2537 - Looks like Allay are up to no good again.
                Thank you, yes I have been reading other posts regarding Allay, what an awful company. I will send a written complaint tomorrow and follow the procedures I have read about this evening. Thank you so much*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X