• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

retrospective planning application refusal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retrospective planning application refusal

Hi everyone, being quite new to this will try and make myself clear.what i'm asking,recently i found out that a retrospective planning application for change of use of an agricutural field to stables has been refused but now i have just been informed that a new retrospective planning application for same stable developement has been applied for again.I was under the impression that once a retrospective planning application was refused it could not be applied for again
    Tags: None

I was under the same impression.and so is the government:
    cf third one down https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ensuring...ve-enforcement

Comment

so was i until i received a letter saying the applicant had applied again and it had been accepted by the planning dept to be dealt with by an allocated planning officer

Comment

I have had a look around for the relevant legislation or statutory instrument, but can't find anything dealing directly with repeat retrospective applications.
        The nearest I can get is sec 70A of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/8/section/70A) which gives LPA powers to decline repeat planning applications.

If this development is going to adversely affect you, you can repeat the same reasons for its original refusal in your response, but at the same time seek professional advice as to the source of our belief about not being allowed to submit repeat retrospective planning applications

Comment

The denial of the first one may be on specific issues and the second may have been amended to address those. Without seeing the details of the first and second applications difficult to say exactly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X