• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi Finance demanding payment and refusing to let us return car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Finance demanding payment and refusing to let us return car

Hi All
    I am looking for some advice regarding my ballon payment on my Audi. My aggreement came to an end during the height of lockdown, meaning the only option of the four was to pay my ballon in full which I did not want to do, I tried to no avail to speak to Audi finance but they would not return my call or emails! They are now saying that because my aggreement has lapsed I cannot return the car and my Guarateed future value is no longer valid.How can this now be the case? Any advice any one can give or if any more info is required I would appreciate to hear from you.
    Tags: None

Hello

We probably need to see the terms of the contract to understand your position. Most PCP agreements are almost the same in terms of substance but do vary slightly depending on the lender.

Also when Audi have mentioned that you cant return the car, on what grounds are they saying you cannot return it? Have the pointed to a specific provision in the contract?

It sounds like something someone would say over the phone to try and be a bit devious because it doesnt sound right. However if you have the letter or email then can you post up the contents reacting any personal information.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob
      Thankyou for your reply. It is a standard PCP with a guaranteed value at the end of contract which was 27/04/20 the middle of total lockdown! We were selling the car to we buy any car to release the equity in the car and they would settle the finance, obviously this could not happen! So we tried to contact Audi finance by phone and email to tell them we would not be re-financing and we would hand the car back to clear the debt (fully aware and dissapointed we would lose an equity) as the balloon payment was the guaranteed value. We finally received an email from Audi saying thankyou for our email but please dont contact them unless it is URGENT! and that they would contact us soon. The next thing we herd was a call from them on 22/05/20 saying we are in breach of our contact as the ballon payment has not been paid and to stop any action against us we must pay ASAP! I explained the situation he said tough and that as we are in breach of the contract the guarateed value is no longer valid and if they have to reposess the car we would be liable for all costs and any shortfall. Is this really the case as I was told not to contact them and they would be in touch? It seems I have been conned by them by not letting me discuss my options with them untill the contract had expired!Any advice you or anyone can give will be much appreciated

Comment

Without seeing the contract terms, difficult to see your options. If you can provide a copy that would give a clearer picture of your position.

I assume you still have a copy of that email you sent to Audi? That will be crucial in proving you gave Audi notice of your intention not to exercise your option to purchase the car. I think given the current climate, I'm not so sure Audi can claim you are in breach of contract but again, depends on what the contract says about what happens when the instalment period ends.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X