• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ for a car crash? insurance paid out though

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ for a car crash? insurance paid out though

Hi, I was in a non fault car crash a few years ago it was all sorted 50/50. However, a few years later when moving home, it came back on my landlord reference that i had a CCJ. Upon looking into this, i found it was linked to the car accident stating that i hadn't paid costs, the third party was taking me/my insurance company to court for over £10,000. I've been in contact with the court, they confirmed that it was definitely down to the car crash and provided me with the deatails of the case etc. i then went to my car insurance company at the time, explained what had happened, they were confused as they said they had paid the fees and it was settled as 50/50. It was down to the car insurance companies to battle out not me. I've been in touch with Experian, (a UK credit score agency) given them the details and proof that it was settled, they replied with a letter saying they have removed it from my credit file, this was 9 months ago but it's still on my credit file. I've since been declined loans and credit cards, i'm looking to get a mortgage soon and it isn't looking good at the moment, i'd like a new car on finance, but this is also tricky. I believe that i should be awarded some sort of compensation for the time, stress, hassle, inconvenience and the rejected credit applications over the years, this is all linked to the CCJ. Where do i stand with regards to this?

Many thanks

Charlotte
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X