• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LPA for health and welfare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPA for health and welfare

My friend's father was removed from hospital without his consent, despite him having the LPA for health, and put in a nursing home miles away from where he lives. My friend repeatedly told the hospital that he had the LPA but was not believed. In fact he even sent them a copy of the LPA but they claim that they did not get it. Is the onus not on the Trust to prove that he did not have an LPA, rather than on him to prove that he did? I was under the impression they needed the Advocate's permission before removing patients from hospital, when their care is in dispute (my friend is a doctor himself and he says his father has been very badly mismanaged). My friend called the Nursing home manager and warned her NOT to take his Dad, as he had the LPA - but she went ahead and did so anyway. Later, when she came to know he hadn't been lying about having the LPA, she went into a panic and called him and said HE would have to get his father re-admitted in hospital. This he refused to do - surely the onus is now on the manager to do so? Anyway, the long and short of it is that his poor Dad has been stuck for almost 10 days in a NH about 40 miles away - and the manager has given instructions to her staff NOT to give my friend any information about his Dad's condition - she insists he must speak with her himself (he refused to do this as he felt it was her job to deal with the fallout from her own actions). The Trust has been very silent and has not contacted him nor he them. He thinks the manager may have called the Trust and they may have refused to take his Dad back (speculation - but if true, can they really do that when he repeatedly told them NOT to remove his Dad without his consent and repeatedly advised them that he had the LPA?).
    Anyway, his friends (medical and non-medical) have said it's best to let a lawyer sort it out.
    Can anyone recommend a good lawyer who will do an excellent job and get his father out of the nursing home and back in hospital where he belongs? Someone who will also take the managers in the Trust responsible for this fiasco as well as the NH woman to the cleaners.
    Thanks for your time.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X