• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ sent to wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ sent to wrong address

I have discovered via my credit report that a CCJ has been entered against me for a debt with Arrow Global that is just coming up to Statute Barred (in 2 months time). I had received mail from their solicitors Drydens Fairfax to my correct address last year, and I responded with a 'Prove It' letter, asking for some proof that I owed the debt and how they calculated the amount that they were chasing me for. I received a latter back from them to say that they were not able to provide this information and that Drydens were no longer dealing with the case. The next thing I know, 6 months later, they have lodged a CCJ against me at an incorrect address. The address that the CCJ is entered against is a building with the same postcode to the house I was living at, but a completely different building, I lived at number 36, not flat 36, number 41, which is the address that they have used to gain the CCJ by default.*

I have been in touch with Drydens and sent proof that I was on the electoral roll at my correct address, no 36 - but they are refusing to give consent to set aside on this basis, and that it was sent to my 'last known address' - even though its not, its an address I have never lived at and clearly an admin error on their part. I would be really grateful for some advice as to whether I would have grounds to set-aside using the N244 in this situation? I don't want to waste £255 court fees on applying when it is likely to get rejected. The CCJ was entered less than a week ago. It feels as if this has been done deliberately at an incorrect address.*

any advice would be much appreciated!
    Tags: None

Set Aside Application* they refuse then you have to pay and get it to court office for set aside,* are you on benefits?* could be £255 well spent. they are not going to pay it as they got a CCJ against you and not admit errors at this stage better you give full details *of this alledged debt, etc then we can suggest route

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X