• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

planning department question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planning department question

my neighbour has complained to the local council planning department about a fence I have erected. T
    he council have written to me and asked me to lower its height. should I not be allowed to give my account of things?

Tags: None

Depends where the fence is and its height.
    There are regulations to which one has to adhere

Comment

Hi DES8,

thanks for your reply.

I'm a bit worried to go into to much details at this stage. I believe the fence height is ok because other gardens of my neighbours have fences the same height already. my question was about me getting involvement in the process.

Comment

If your fence is higher than that permitted (generally 2 metres high between gardens but 1 metre where it adjoins a road or footpath) you generally need planning permission.
        I note you say your council have requested (not ordered ) you lower the fence.
        Why not ask them why, point out others have similar fences and see what they say?

Generally if you break planning regulations, officers come round to check and warn you to either remove the offending structure or to apply for retrospective planning.
        Because of the current situation it seems your council are doing it remotely by writing

Comment

that's very helpful and is pretty much in line with what I think should happen - the letter states I am 'requested' to lower the fence. I will carry out as you advise and call them.

many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X