• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refund from Tour Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund from Tour Company

I booked a sports tour through a tour operator (within the UK) back in June 2019. Deposit was paid in July 2019 and we received a booking confirmation and invoice which shows the balance due date of 24th January 2020. I subsequently made some amendments to the accommodations booked, and therefore, received new invoices/confirmations which showed a changed balance due date of 31 January 2020. I didn’t notice the change or the the original date was a week earlier. When we paid the balance on 31st January, I received confirmation that all was fully paid. I had been in continuous contact with the supplier in the weeks leading up to the balance payment, and no mention was made about a possible ‘late’ payment.

Due to the Coronavirus, the tour was subsequently cancelled. The supplier has now refunded the balance, but it stating that as the balance was paid late, we have forfeited the deposit amount.

Their terms and conditions state that balance must be paid no later than the date shown on the confirmation. They have advised me that our contractual ‘balance due date’ was the 24th even though later invoices state the 31st.

can anyone tell me if this is correct?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X