• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is pet insurance worth it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is pet insurance worth it

We have Healthy Paws and for us they have been amazing! We have 80% of emergency bills covered (minus exam fees, as far as I remember). There is a 90% plan as well I believe. I think our deductible is 500 so we have to submit all vet bills that fit under "emergency" and once we hit 500 they pay 80%.

The first year of our dogs life our insurance easily paid for itself. We had small problems! Mostly lots of runny stools- but our insurance covered all kinds of fecal testing, more intense diagnostic testing, and medication! I can't imagine if the problems were bigger how grateful we would have been for the insurance. He's now almost two and we have barely used it this year...so it's a toss up.

I think it totally depends on your financial situation. We are young, little savings, but insurance made it possible for us to guarantee we can take care of our dog. It is not hard to get into a position where a vet bill is thousands of dollars...if that's not an easy thing to take care of financially for you it may be worth it! At least get a quote and think about it! We paid around $50 a month in Los Angeles for a purebred dog and pay around $70 here in NYC. It's expensive...but SO IS VET CARE IN NYC !!!!! (seriously....it's so bad here!)

<a href="https://www.petsdirectstores.com">
    Pet supplies</a>
    Tags: None

Believe me when I say. Wait until you have to claim, or see your pet pass away simply because you cannot pay the bill. That's my experience.

Comment

I don't think I will be shipping pet items to the UK from the USA any time soon!

Comment

Regardless of where you live it is a good idea to have a "fund" whereby you put an amount in every week/month for any eventualities. Had dogs for a lot of years and never took insurance, maybe I was lucky but never had to add emergency payments to the "fund".

Comment

ploddertom agree.

We have been owned by dogs for 50 years and had numerous other animals as well.
          Never bought insurance as total premiums were always going to be more than any vets bill
          Mind you we did have so many animals that we used to have primary school visits !
          Now down to one hound and three tarantulas

Comment

Well we can no longer have a dog owing to mobility issues but inherited a cat who is more trouble than all the dogs we ever had - at one stage we did have 17 Boxers, all completely brainless. Could probably write a book on their antics.

Comment

You had one more than us!
              Most we ever had at onetime was 16 salukis (and all our children)
              Not sure which was the most fun!

Comment

Like a lot of things I dote on my grandkids and if I'd known they were so much fun would have had them first!!

Comment

....but not all 20 grandchildren at once please (and another 3 due later this summer!)

Comment

16 Salukis and 17 Boxer dogs?????!!! Wow!
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Rebecca dear, did you join LegalBeagles to share your knowledge of dog health? I know you posted a year ago to tell us all about Magento, but now dog health?! I’m in awe.
                      But I strongly recommend you don’t post again
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X