• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination & HP issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination & HP issues

hi all, I hope someone can help.
    I took out car finance 2 years ago, unfortunately I missed 2 payments in Dec 18 and Jan 19 due to being off sick at work with a disability. I stayed in contact with the company and repaid the missed payments by paying an extra £100 per month on top of my normal monthly payments.
    shortly after I noticed that on my credit score it said I was in default and the last payment information I could see were the missed payments. since then I have not missed any however it does not report that.. just says no data.
    I contacted the finance company who said that they have terminated my agreement, which makes no sense to me whatso ever... I started the argument with them about the non reflection of payments on my credit file and the fact that I have cleared the missed payments ect.
    this has been going on for over a year in total however 6 weeks ago I raised it as an official complaint. I have requested they look into all of this I have also requested transcripts of calls/notes on my account to prove I knew the implications of them terminating the contract as I do not believe that they told me that was what they were doing.
    I am yet to hear anything back from them despite them telling me the deadlines for responses which I am now passed.

I week ago I heard about voluntary termination and since I hit the half way mark this week I figured that due to the issues I have been having with them I would simply return the car. I called them again yesterday to chase the complaint, they were very unhelpful so I told them I want to return the car. I was then told that I couldn't return the car because they had already terminated my contract (which affects my credit fie for 6 years) and that I would have to voluntary surrender!
    is this legal? can I do anything about it?

any help is much appreciated

thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X