• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please on mortgage shortfall please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please on mortgage shortfall please

Can someone advise where i stand in 2011 i left my property and moved to rented accomadation i had been on a very poor mortgage deal with halifax fixed rate paying £996 monthly as worked dried up in 2010 i went onto intrest only paying £599 then i became unemployed and informed haifax the house was empty and uninsured.
    In 2012 (house had been empty 14 months) hbos solicitors sent me a letter stating i could pay £400 a month and something towards the arrears so i moved back in paying £450 monthly , by early 2013 i recieved a letter stating i had to go to court ,i contacted halifax who stated it was only to seal the deal.
    After taking advice it transpired they where going for repossesion as someone at halifax had overlooked the fact that my intrest only period had ended and i must pay £1100 a month.
    I fought with them as best i could ,they offered mortgage till i was 80 many many solutions that where completely out of my reach so i approached the ombudsman explaining the situation and that their mistakes had ony led me further in debt .
    I Recieved a call from hbos litigation stating that every avenue had been exhausted and due to the circumstances it was best if i let the reppo go unchallenged they would not pursue any shortfall ,i stated i also had an overdraft whic had been used to meet the payments and fix the house that had been lying empty 14 month, i was told this would never be pursued.
    I dropped all complaints the house was repossesed and given away and i mean given away.
    A shortfall of £63000 was recorded on my credit file with a settled note balance 0 and note stating (partial settlement) Payment recieved as full and final settlement although the payment would not fully clear the balance on the very month of the reepo with all credit ref agencies and my motgage statement balace reads 0 balance 63000 poss write off.
    roll on 2019 i get email from debt coll agency regarding the overdraft so i immedietly contact hbos to complain stating above , they write back saying i owe 63k as theyve no record of any deal wtf even trying to say theyde been trying to collect on it and the debt firm had been contacting me ,later admitting they hadnt.
    Main concern for me is had i suspected a shortfall i wouldve went bankrupt in 2014 ,i SARd them to recieve a letter stating some calls were missing due to technical difficulties.
    ThE DEBT no longer shows on my file but i kept copies and i have the mortgage statement stating POSS WRITE OFF 0 balance.
    What can i do if anyone can assist please ?
    Last edited by DBS12; 21st April 2020, 07:07:AM.
    Tags: None

When exactly (to the nearest month) did the write off/repo happen? The overdraft 'debt' sounds very close to becoming time barred under the Limitation Act. Who are the debt collectors?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi the reepo happened aug 2014 ,the overdraft debt is now gone
      hbos waited till feb 2020 till the record on my credit report dissapeared in feb 2020 as they have feb 2014 as default date to start pursuing again
      but i have the mortgage statement showing POSS WRITE OFF BALANCE 0 too as well as the credit report marked settled audg 2014
      halifax /hbos are the creditors,moorcroft trying to collect

SORRY may i add hbos put me on a 2 year intrest only payment arrangement so when they gave me the deal to move back in the intrest only deal had already expired
      Last edited by DBS12; 21st April 2020, 13:09:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X