• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed for unpaid invoices during pandemic - 47 days after submission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for unpaid invoices during pandemic - 47 days after submission

Hey guys, as an IT contractor I have recently completed a 2 month contract assignment with providing IT services to a large client in the tech industry with a number of offices globally but based in London. There were no complaints regarding the work and the client gave a 5/5 satisfaction rating. The only reason I am not continuing my contract is that they have laid off a lot of contractors due to the pandemic.

I have submitted 3 invoices with an agreed 45 day payment term, the first invoice is now overdue.

I sent the accounts team a reminder and have not had a response. They are all working remotely too so it isn't possible to just pick up the phone to contact the office as it's closed. I will try and call someone tomorrow, however I just wanted some advice as to my next courses of action as I have never had a client not pay within the agreed terms before.

My other 2 other invoices will be due in a month. I need that first invoice to be paid ASAP, it has been a long 45 days and I have creditors of my own to pay, as well as my own salary to keep a roof over my family's head and food to survive, particularly during this pandemic.

They owe me just over £19K in total, however the first invoice is £6k and due immediately. The next invoice (£9k) will be due in 30 days.

Any courses of action would be appreciated - I understand its a tricky time but people still need to be paid in order to survive right?!
    Last edited by Small-Biz-99; 14th April 2020, 14:52:PM.
    Tags: None

Call their accounts dept. Fairly certain that call will be forwarded to someone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X