• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fighting Defamation Counterclaim of unpaid salary small claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Defamation Counterclaim of unpaid salary small claim

Hello.

This is a continuation of the thread https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...a-counterclaim .

Long story short, I made 2 claims in MCOL for 2 invoices my employer never paid me after I left the company.

The company responded with a counterclaim for defamation damages, and violation of NDA for a review in Google Maps and Facebook I did of the company, as well as legal fees to "remove the reviews".
    They don't make any attempt to say how my opinion of working on the company violates the NDA, other than making a claim that the industry they work is fast moving, and it damages their business.
    For the defamation claim they say that I made an accusation in the review that the company didn't let me work in what I expected to work on, which isn't what I wrote in the reviews, and seems to be a willful misinterpretation of my words, as I told before the CEO of the company when he asked me to remove the review that I would just be willing to change the wording if he told me what was wrong with the wording, or how he would like me to say it, but he never responded to my question.
    Worst of all, I actually removed the review as requested to show good faith, but in the end they never paid me because they wanted me to sign a contract making me liable for saying anything negative about the company in the future, which I was not willing to sign.

My main question on this is, I know that you cannot do defamation claims in county courts (which is where the claim is at right now) unless both parties agree, so can I do something to get this counter claim dismissed, and should I do it before of after I send my defence?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X