• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I have unfairly and unreasonably been ejected from a local Google Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have unfairly and unreasonably been ejected from a local Google Group

Hello everybody. I have been thrown off a local Google group of well over 100 people because one individual suggested that I had been posting 'Conspiracy Theories' which is patent and provable nonsense! He suggested that I be ejected from the group by the administrator, which this administrator unilaterally proceeded to do without checking with me or apparently carrying out any form of due diligence whatsoever. This administrator will not respond to any email, and the original 'complainant' has removed himself from the group, he has blocked my own email and refuses to give any reason for his own withdrawal.

All I want to do is be reinstated into the group. I have been denied not only my right to free speech, I have been denied my fundamental right of reply, I have been given to understand that a small number of other members responded to my original posting, yet because I was ejected so quickly I have not been given the opportunity to even read these comments let alone respond to any of them.

The vast majority of the group have no idea that this has taken place and I of course cannot advise them as I am now unable to post. The administrator, the original complainant and a third person have all been offered the chance to contact directly, a fully qualified law lecturer of some 35 years experience who is fully conversant with the entire situation. He is prepared to explain to them that the original posting is completely accurate and reasonable, and why. This offer has been completely ignored.

In any civilized society, it may be taken for granted that an individual will not be penalised for defending themselves following an attempt to traduce them. Free speech and the right to reply are a basic right of any democratic society. I believe that this right has been removed from me by 3 unelected individuals who refuse to communicate in any way about the matter. Was it not Voltaire who is quoted as saying " While I may not agree with a word that you say, I will defend with my life your right to say it".

In view of the foregoing, I would welcome the advice and observations of the forum as to how I can have myself reinstated when I am unable to communicate with the group?. However the principles involved are so important that I am prepared to go 'all the way' in the legal sense to achieve this, and would therefore further welcome the advice of the forum as to the best way to proceed. I thank you all in advance for your advice and assistance. May you all stay safe and keep healthy.

The right of free speech must prevail above all.

Starts
    10th April 2020 12:00:PM
    Tags: None

Hi Gerry.

Sadly this sort of thing is not uncommon. It often happens because an individual within the group takes offence at some small thing they perceive to be offensive which then becomes blown out of proportion.

In terms of recourse, you would have to look at the agreement that covers your use of the service.

Good luck.

Richard Fiddler.

Comment

Sounds suspiciously like the original reaction to the post was an over-reaction and now everyone is ghosting you simply because they're too embarrassed to admit to such idiocy. Yes by all means check any terms of usage of the group, but many social media groups are effectively 'lawless'. You have grounds of attack if incorrect content had been posted about you, but little redress if content you posted triggered your wrongful removal. Really sorry and good luck sorting this out if possible. Maybe you should start your own group
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X