• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help for the Creditor in the CCJ set aside application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Appreciate the response.
    I used an address from one of their correspondences.
    And the laptop story does sound fishy to say the least.
    So essentially they should not be able to convince the courts with that excuse.
    My next question is what happens next. Will a new date be sent by the court for the hearing?
    Can I respond now with the proof that they responded? Hence no defence that they could not defend. Can I use email for that? Or court forms?
    Or do we wait for the court hearing?
    Thanks

Comment

Oh..and they did not at any time notify us of the change of address.

Comment

Just to add some more info.
        We received judgement in our favour on the 17th of March 2020.

Then we received a Notice of Transfer of Proceedings on the 18th of March 2020. The Notice proceeded to say:

"To all Parties, This claim has been transferred to the County Court at Medway for that court to hear the defendant's application for the Judgement to be set aside.
        That court will send you and other parties notice of time, date and place of hearing
        ".

This is the reason we assume that they responded to the judgement in March and not as he says on the 20th of October.

Hoping to hear back
        Regards

Comment

In a lot of cases like yours Set Aside is granted as an interim pending a fuller Hearing where matters can be looked at a lot closer. The application to my mind is quite poor as he argues they did not receive it but then admits someone else answered it. There is nothing there that says he is going to defend the action or on what grounds, and to admit the failure of the hard drive with no back up is a cardinal sin. Wouldn't be surprised if the Judge sends him running with the tail between his legs.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I am sorry but I have more questions.
            Following the original set aside application a Notice of Case Management Conference was scheduled for the 3rd of November. The hearing was earmarked for 15 minutes.

Is this hearing now superseded due to this current application by the defendant? I have not heard anything from the court.

Let me add some of his defence which was a couple of pages down. This is first page. Signed App and Def4.pdf
            The rest of the pages deal with details of the accident and the rights and wrongs of it all.

So far as I can see and reading your responses, it appears he will a hard time convincing the court that he did not know about the claim.

It is the next procedural steps that I should be taking. That is what I am not clear about. Should I contact the county court or wait for them?

Regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X