• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OPC Parking Charge - St Johns Retail Park (DCB Legal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPC Parking Charge - St Johns Retail Park (DCB Legal)

Hi All,

Looking for some advice please on the following Claim made against me:

Particulars of the claim:

1. The Defendant is indebted to the Claimant for a Parking charge issues to vehicle XXXX XXX at St Johns Retail Park
    2. The PCN details are xx/xx/2016
    3. The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract), thuis incurring the PCN(s)
    4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages.
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.
    2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.04 until judgement or sooner payment.
    3. Costs and court fees

So here's the thing with St Johns retail park, it's free to park there for 2 hours ... It looks like the driver may have overstayed by 21 minutes in a FREE car park. The driver also spent in excess of £850 with retailers within the retail park in that day (although this likely has no relevance to the PCN).

The original charge amounted to £100 (£50 if paid within 14 days) for exceeding the two-hour free parking limit. Which in of itself seems overly disproportionate given there is no proof of loss to OPC Ltd nor can this be obtained since the car park is FREE.
    The driver recalls of the day, the signage on the entrance to the retail park was blocked by vehicles parked on double yellow lines - therefore has not entered into any contract with OPC.
    The driver also recalls upon trying to exit the retail park, congestion along the entry / exit road prevented the drivers leaving within the BPA guidelines of 15 minutes

I would like to ask what my next steps would be in persing this? I have submitted AOS to the County Court so have 28 days to submit my response to them.

Should I be submitting a CPR 31.14 request immediately?

Any help of guidance would be much appreciated

Thank you, and hope you're all staying safe in the current climate!
    FrogsLegs
    Last edited by FrogsLegs; 4th April 2020, 12:28:PM. Reason: Asking if CPR 31.14 is required as next step

Really sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum, just noticed it's in the Welcome Forum! I can't move my post though...

Can anyone share some light on my next steps in fighting this case please? I feel like I have a few valid avenues to fight this, but if anyone has any light or experience they can share, it would be massively appreciated.

Guess I don't want to just push on thinking I know how best to fight this, when others may have experience or knowledge on where I stand and how best to approach it..

Thank you all,
    FrogsLegs

Comment

ostell*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X