• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK CPM - Multiple PCNs issued, looking for advice for a legal challenge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK CPM - Multiple PCNs issued, looking for advice for a legal challenge?

Hello All,

I've seen numerous posts about this company but was hoping to get the communities thoughts on how to best proceed with 3 PCNs I received in early Jan and at the end of Feb. Apologies for the length of this post but I'm massively worried about having to spend £300 on tickets during a global health pandemic that is having far reaching financial consequences. I have attached the three rejected appeals from UK CPM and I'll try to provide additional context to each one.*

PCN **617

I had momentarily stopped my car on a double yellow line, maybe to put an address in my sat nav ( I can't quite remember). The photographic evidence quite clearly shows that I am in the car and the engine is on and it can't have been for more than a minute or two but the appeal was rejected nonetheless. I get the impression I don't have much legal recourse here but wanted to double check, as it seems like an incredibly aggressive*practice to issue a ticket while I've stopped my car momentarily (but unsurprising). I was travelling during Feb, appealed after the 14 days window and lost. UK CPM are now demanding the full £100.*

PCN **713 & **055

I received two tickets (for the same thing, two days apart, so just attaching one) for not correctly displaying a permit that UK CPM issued to me only a few days before. I argued that the salient information is clearly visible but the permit has moved up in my holder, making the hologram disappear. UK CPM have stated that my permit is not valid as the hologram is not visible, issuing me with 2x £100 fines. (i have missed the reduced rate deadline now). They also posted these to me, where they at least used to issue a physical ticket. Seems like a tactic to get people for the same 'offence', which I think is grossly unfair. In this instance, I didn't even know there was a problem until I got the PCNs through the post.*

As mentioned, all 3 PCNs have been rejected and I've not even been able to speak to anyone at UK CPM to discuss further as they have closed their offices. I sent a follow up email to their generic support box to asks to speak to someone but was told in no uncertain terms that I am liable to pay the full amount, and will need to do so immediately to avoid a visit from a debt collector. It seems from reading other forums that the IAS always take the side of the enforcement company and it's better to go via POPLA. I have emailed them asking for their POPLA code.*

Once again, I apologise for the length of this or if I have missed anything obvious. I'm not sure how to best proceed so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    Karan
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

So has the driver been identified, simple yes or know.

Can you post up a redacted copy of the NTK

Photo of the signs would help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X