• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice To Keeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice To Keeper

HI There, I received a letter (Notice to Keeper) from Euro Car Parks to pay for parking 10 minutes longer than I should. It was garage near Heathrow. Already appealed saying i was having a break from driving, coffee (i bought in garage) and breakfast. So did not realise of time driving in to the car park. Plus i politely said i will not be able to pay this charge as I am self employed and now without income because of coronavirus outbreak (sadly truth). they replied to me on email today that i need to pay anyway. They know I was driving even my hussband is registered keeper. is there anything I can do to avoid paying? Thank you for help**
    Tags: None

They are a member of the BPA and their Code of Practise States that they must allow a grace period of at least 10 minutes art the end of parking.

13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN.

Respond to them and ask why they are not complying with their Code of Practise.

Then your husband responds as the keeper pointing out the non compliance with POFA and they can't hold him liable. Post up the NTK so that we can see what has been missed.* Let's confuse them

Comment

Hi Ostell, thanks for your help and sorry for not giving you enough details:

[I]13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display)

I parked on ANPR car park and there is 30 minutes limit for parking. does this code of practise still apply for that? I went to garage for coffee and paid by card so have proof of purchase if thats any help

Comment

Where does it say that you exceeded the time by 10 minutes?* Post up the original NTK received, suitably redacted but leave dates.

Comment

It says in the first letter sorry. the document I have send yesterday is email after appeal

Comment

Shame you let them know the identity of the driver as they cannot go after the keeper because of their mistakes.

Yes the code of practise applies.

Can you get back there and complain to the management and get them to cancel?

Appeal to POPLA and if they reject then You may have to just sit and wait and see if they take you to court.

Comment

Yes I know, I should seek advice earlier. Thank you. I will appeal to POPLA

Comment

Put your appeal here first for critique

Comment

Dear POPLA,**
                  I would like to make an appeal because I parked at Euro Garages - Heatrow South Car Park. I was having a break from driving and went to the garage for coffee and then I had a breakfast in the car. When I was getting into the car park I did not realise of time and did not count every minute there. The sign post which I get example on my email is not visible from the car as if it would be that obvious I would read it and make sure I am no staying over allowed period of time. It was first time I have been charged for having a break at the garage car park.
                  I was reading your Code Of Practice and would like to ask why did you not comply to the point 13.3 (I will copy and paste). Please consider that I am only a self employed person with no income at the moment and I have no funds to pay for this charge.*
                  Kind Regards, Anna Wokan*

Comment

Hi Ostell,
                    Would like to say a BIG Thank You for your help. My appeal was successful which means I do not need to pay the charge. I will happily reccomend you to everyone.
                    Anna Wokan

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X