• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKcps ticket Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKcps ticket Parking Charge Notice

Hello

I was at a Retail park in a disabled bay and came back too my car and as I opened the door my blue badge fell out as if it had slipped off the dash. I then remembered my wife going back to the car to fetch a bag and to say she shuts the door heavy is a understatement so I put it down to that and thought no more about it. This was towards the end of February

However that was till the 3rd of March when I got a parking ticket for parking in a disabled spot and not displaying a badge. So I sent the appeal back the same day. I then received a message back from them the following day stating

"Thank you for your appeal regarding ticket number [TICKET_NO]
    Please see the following option regarding your appeal;
    Please find attached a response in relation to your appeal.
    If you have not received a response to your appeal after 28 days then please
    contact us on 0330 058 1118"

Anyway with all the problems with Corvid 19 going on and me having breathing difficulties as one of my disabilities already I never thought about it till yesterday that Id not heard anything.Then it was today I saw an attachment on the original appeal letter saying that they had received the appeal (sneaky people or words to that effect). Yes my fault as well for not reading it properly. Its just that I saw the part where it said ""If you have not received a response to your appeal after 28 days then please contact us on 0330 058 1118"". And I assumed it was just saying they had received the appeal and if I got nothing back in the next 28 days to ring them. So as I had nothing back I started to look at everything closer and thats when I first saw the attachment. Which was basically telling me they had got my appeal but that they had disallowed it in a matter of a few hours that they had my appeal. Thats between me sending and them sending it back. But now the worst part was that I had missed the deadline to pay the £60 and the next deadline is the 1st of April where I have to pay £100 before that date. So with everything piling on my mind. Such as the isolation the worry of catching this virus in my already bad state of health and now a £100 needing to be paid by 1st of April

So first things first I thought I will get the £100 out of the way. So. I rang 03330230121 which is the payment line 5-6 times and each time I got the same message "We have uncounted a problem please report error code 4,6,8" each time. So then I tried the 2 customer services numbers that I could fins a direct one 01132456080 and a none geographic one 03300581118 both 2 times each and they both went to voicemail system 10000 And both said voicemail was full and not accepting more messages. I even tried them again to use the payment option and again I got the same message "We have uncounted a problem please report error code 4,6,8" So what more can I do as I cannot even let them know Iv tried to pay but cannot because their system is down

It was then I went on a help forum. And there where posts about not paying these UKCPS tickets and so on. But i'm already in a mess what with not seeing them reject my first appeal.
    Im just wondering Is there anything I can now do other than to pay them. But as you can see Iv tried to pay and cannot even do that and there is no one manning any of the phones so rather than taking a bit of the stress off my shoulders its added it i'm afraid

So I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me any advice on this matter please.That is what to do Or what can I or should I do I'm just at end of my tether without anywhere to go, do or ring. (Thank you in anticipation)

Best regards OsH
    Tags: None

It is advised not to contact the parking companies by phone.* Have you* let them know the identity* of the driver?* Yes or No.

Post up a redacted copy of the PCN but leave dates

Comment

Hello
      I will post the PCN later today when I can get to a camera or scanner
      As to if I have let them know who the driver was or not. Then I dont think so positively as I just said I am disabled and the badge was on display when we went in the shop but my wife visited the car midway through the shop and slamming the door must have dislodged it as it came out of the door when i opened it to get in. That was said as much in the appeal. That I sent via email the same day I received the PCN letter. Plus I also included photos of both sides of my badge with the appeal. I then received a email from them the following day which just looked as though it was a E-mail acknowledging my appeal.to them. (It was quite clever on there side as it never said anything about the appeal being rejected on this email as that was all in the attachment). Which I did not look at because as you will see It read "we will try to let you know within 28 days if not before. And that if you had not heard by the 28 days. You was to get in-touch with them. Hence I did not read the attachment as I thought it was more of the same waffle. Plus like I said the Email nowhere pointed to the attachment and it having anything to do with the appeal itself. Which it did and was the actual full appeal rejection . Those Crafty people (or words to that effect which I cannot repeat here).
      Hence I missed the rejection and therefore I missed the opportunity to pay firstly at the lower rate of £60 and now its a £100 if paid by today?. I only found the appeal rejection 3 days ago. And that's only as I was about to ring them as Id nor heard anything, that is or so I thought. And this is when It all came to light and I found it by reading everything 2-3 times

I just wondered if i dont pay it by today what could the cost rise to. (which I cannot as there is a problem with their phone lines and payment system)
      That's besides the point that I could barley afford the £60 let alone the £100. So with that alongside my disabilities one of which affects my breathing and airways badly and now this with the corvid-19 which also effects your airways along with my ongoing mental issue where I wake during night screaming and cannot get my breath and this has been for the last 2 years before this virus lot started. So as you might guess im allover the place and the PCN is by no means the cherry on top. Far far from it,

So i'm just hoping for any help in any way so id have to pay the less the better and any help or suggestions you may offer will be greatly received.

Many thanks regards Osh

P.S. Sorry its a long reply. When I start I cannot help it, to much info I know but some times its a good thing.??

Last edited by Oshb5; 2nd April 2020, 16:16:PM.

Comment

I asked have you identified the driver, Yes or No.* I do not want to know who. So edit your posts.

without the PCN it's difficult to give advice.

Comment

Sorry its been a few days but we have had a few problems over at my end. Anyway the PCN I got is here.

Comment

The following message was received in response to the appeal I sent the same day as I got the PCN through the door. As you can see the reply was received back the following day so in actual fact they only had a couple of hours to consider my appeal and make the decisions.*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Dear Mr Oshb5*

Thank you for your appeal regarding ticket number ZZZZZZZZZZ

A response will be sent to you within 28 days from the date that the appeal was received.

We will however endeavour to respond to your appeal within 14 days but this may not always be possible.

Please ensure that you check your junk mail in case the appeal response is diverted there. We recommend that you add our e-mail address to your safe senders list to ensure delivery.

Kind Regards

The Appeals Department

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this message thinking it was just an acknowledgement for my appeal as that is how it reads to me, hence me not reading the attachment as I just thought it was more of the same bumf in the message..* Now does this look like a letter that includes the outcome to an appeal you had lodged only a few hours before?.

Well I did not and like I said i think very crafty on their part

Best regards Osh

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              I
              without the PCN it's difficult to give advice.
              Did the PCN help at all? Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X