• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

do i have to pay a fine to RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i have to pay a fine to RLP

I genuinly walked out of the Range forgetting to pay for a tiny little car refreshner.As i got to my car a security guy said to me, did you forget to pay for something. i said i did but im on my way back in to explain that when i was at the checkout paying for a few items i got in Iceland, to which i had previosly had been to Tesco, the tiny pkt was hidden beside my other items in bags.
    The security guy said i would be getting a letter, but didnt say i would have a fine to pay.
    I was speaking to a representitive of RLP asking if i could take action so i wouldnt have to pay, oh no she said the expence is for the loss prevention.
    I also asked if i could pay this amount of £99 in installments. No she said it would have to be paid in full.
    cant anyone please advise me what i should do.
    Im worried if i dont pay this i will be takin to court.
    Thankyou for your help.
    Regards
    Tags: None

It is not a fine.
    It is an invoice for imagined losses* and should be completely ignored.
    RLP will pressurise you into paying, and as they have your phone number might even call you.
    Ignore all their threats and eventually they will get the message and leave you alone.
    THere is no reason to pay, and in spite of any threats to initiate court action they will not go down that route (they lost heavily in court a few years back and have never been there since!)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      It is not a fine.
      It is an invoice for imagined losses and should be completely ignored.
      RLP will pressurise you into paying, and as they have your phone number might even call you.
      Ignore all their threats and eventually they will get the message and leave you alone.
      THere is no reason to pay, and in spite of any threats to initiate court action they will not go down that route (they lost heavily in court a few years back and have never been there since!)
      Thankyou for your quick reply, mostly i do appreciate your help.
      I do sincerley hope i dont have to pay a big fine as im in great hardship as it is.
      what happenes if im pestered with them sending me letters also court threats.
      Thankyou!!

Comment

Nothing happens except they send letters threatening court, all dressed up ion legal sounding language.
        It is all designed to pressure the vulnerable into paying their extortionate demands.

You did nothing wrong.
        You made a mistake over a small item and were going back to correct it.
        That is not a crime

You owe the Range nothing, and even less to RLP.
        Just ignore them and they go away.
        You can read the letters they will send you here:*https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Comment

Does this mean court letters also i ignore. Thankyou once again for putting my mind at ease.

Comment

Never ignore a court document, but you will not see one over this incident!

Comment

Originally posted by glow View Post
              Does this mean court letters also i ignore. Thankyou once again for putting my mind at ease.
              Does that mean i will get letters to say they are taking me to court. If so, shall i ignore them,
              apoligies for being a nuisance

Comment

Oh yes, they will send letters indicating that you may or could be taken to court.
                The important words are "may" or "could".
                They are past masters of cleverly written letters which cause the uninitiated to fear the worse. That is how they make their money, by frightening the unwary into thinking they will be in court.
                You won't be, so just ignore them

Comment

Nothing happens except they send letters threatening court, all dressed up ion legal sounding language.
                  It is all designed to pressure the vulnerable into paying their extortionate demands.

You did nothing wrong.
                  You made a mistake over a small item and were going back to correct it.
                  That is not a crime

You owe the Range nothing, and even less to RLP.
                  Just ignore them and they go away.
                  You can read the letters they will send you here:https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf
                  Should i ignore court summons/ letters.* what if they call at my home?

Comment

Oh yes, they will send letters indicating that you may or could be taken to court.
                    The important words are "may" or "could".
                    They are past masters of cleverly written letters which cause the uninitiated to fear the worse. That is how they make their money, by frightening the unwary into thinking they will be in court.
                    You won't be, so just ignore them
                    Thank you so much for your help.
                    I appreciate your time you have given me to reply to my questions. Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by glow View Post

Should i ignore court summons/ letters. what if they call at my home?
                      never ignore official court papers (not that you will get any)
                      They will not call at your home

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X